Monday, February 14, 2011

True Love



Last week I heard this song and the words keep playing in my mind.

The storm is coming but I don't mind

People are dying, I close my blinds

All that I know is I'm breathing now

I want to change the world

Instead I sleep

For a while now my life has seemed to be missing something.

I love doing things for people and I realized there hasn't been much of that going on. Everything seems to be focused on me. I knew I needed to be serving but didn't know where until...

I just recently found out about this awesome ministry in Dallas called JESUS SAID LOVE.

Their outreach began by the phrase, "Jesus loves..."

Jesus Loves Strippers is where it all began. This ministry exists to show the revolutionary love of Christ to exotic dancers.

The volunteers of this ministry prepare gifts and food for the dancers. They deliver these gifts with such love and acceptance to these sweet ladies. While showering these girls with love they also share the love of Jesus with them!

I truly can't wait to be a part of this! These people are passionate about the Lord and about serving Him by loving others.

The first outreach I got to be a part of was making chocolate covered strawberries for the dancers for Valentine's Day!



One of my dear friends Brianna and I had the best time making all kinds of different strawberries! So fun! We dipped them in milk and/or white chocolate. Then we dipped them in either coconut or baby chocolate chips. They were so pretty and soo delish! Which one do YOU want to eat??? : )

Such a fun night. Can't wait for more!
I have realized that God has blessed me with a love for serving others. It brings such joy to my heart.
It is so amazing to me how we were all created with different gifts to share God's love. What are your gifts and what unique ways can you think of to use them?

No comments:

Post a Comment