Friday, July 29, 2011

Week 2... 2 Blocks Down, 109 to Go!


  2 Blocks Down, 109 to Go!


1st Block (block #2 in book) =Summerhouse by Lily Ashbury (Super Cute Freebies on her Blog!)
2nd Block (block #4 in book)= Ruby by Camille Roskelly  
*Check out these ladies blogs for oodles of inspiration!

So, whatcha think? I was feeling really anxious about using a variety of different fabric lines but Lissa assured me it would be fine. She said to think of each block as a mini quilt and just focus on it. Not to think about the entire quilt and how each of them will look together because you can always make it work in the end! And I'm sure she will show me how when/if we ever get there! ; )

We had a little show and tell to see everyone's blocks!

Here are just a few... 
 Proud Block Momma's!

Here are the awesome Marti Michell templates that were demoed during class...
I'm gonna have to get some of these babies!


Some of us (not me!) got some sewing done during class.
See, I like mine to be a surprise so I just cut them out during class! ; )

And who can forget what every quilter needs... a little sustenance!


What did I learn today, you ask? I learned that I desperately need some sort of organization system! Throwing my stuff in my bag before running out the door like a mad woman in the morning is not working so well.
So I got to admire everyone's lovely storage choices as I rummaged through my bag!

I have my eye on a few things to store my fabric/supplies in...
what do you think about these colorful containers!


How do you store your quilting goodies??

No comments:

Post a Comment